In the event you’re like me, you are getting dozens of latest “buddy” requests on Fb every single day.
At first, I shortly friended each random request, with out even fascinated with it. Then, I lastly began being a bit extra selective about who I let in…
Now, individuals on Fb normally fall into a few totally different camps… You is perhaps a amount particular person, who has 1000’s of pals – otherwise you is perhaps a extra discerning high quality particular person, who fastidiously considers each buddy request.
I suppose I fall into the “high quality” class. I am not saying that there is a proper strategy or a flawed strategy – that is a private determination. However I do not need to be often called a Fb Ho! I am not searching for a Fb one-night-stand! Hey, that is simply me. I am not gonna let simply anybody into my Fb household!
It is one factor when you’re a mega-marketer or an writer and also you have a look at Fb like one other potential buyer checklist or database. However for me, Fb is just not my “checklist.”
I am not spamming these individuals or making an attempt to promote them something. I am making an attempt to construct and develop a long-term relationship!
OK, so I haven’t got 1,000 friend remover facebook but. I am pacing myself. I am taking a look at every request. I am being a bit of choosy. So, if you wish to take my slower, build-quality relationships over time strategy, listed here are just a few ideas: These are the ten standards I take advantage of to confess new pals into my Fb household:
1. Do I do know you? Ought to I do know you?
2. Did you embrace a private message in your buddy request?
3. What number of pals (if any) do we now have in widespread?
4. Who’re your folks? Are they individuals I do know or respect?
5. Have you ever posted a photograph and an honest profile? (Most individuals will need to see you)
6. Do you appear to be a spammer in disguise? Are you blatantly selling a product?
7. What are you searching for? If it is “sizzling chicks,” I am undecided I need to buddy you.
8. Did Fb suggest you within the “Individuals You Could Know” field?
9. Did somebody introduce us? (by way of Fb or in any other case)
10. Do you appear to be you could possibly be a psycho or a stalker?
Arrange your personal standards, or what writer Michael Port calls your “Crimson Velvet Rope” coverage, and determine who so as to add as a buddy. You could not have the largest buddy checklist, however the pals you’ve got would be the proper ones for you. Be sure you go to Fb and look me up!