Adding Custom Features During Pool Resurfacing: Waterfalls, Steps, and More
Resurfacing your pool is a great way to give it a new lease on life and improve its overall aesthetic. But did you know that you can also add custom features to your pool during the resurfacing process? This is a great opportunity to turn your pool into a truly unique and inviting space that reflects your personal style.
Here are a few custom features that you can consider adding to your pool during resurfacing:
- Waterfalls: Waterfalls are a beautiful and relaxing addition to any Phoenix Pool Resurfacing. They can be added to the side of your pool or even built into a rock formation. Waterfalls also help to aerate your pool water and keep it clean.
- Steps: If your pool doesn’t already have steps, consider adding them during resurfacing. This is a great way to make your pool more accessible to swimmers of all ages and abilities. You can choose from a variety of different step designs, including Roman steps, built-in steps, and step ladders.
- Tanning ledges: Tanning ledges are a popular feature for those who love to soak up the sun. They provide a shallow area where swimmers can sit or stand and relax. Tanning ledges can be built into the side of your pool or added as a separate feature.
- Poolside benches and tables: Poolside benches and tables are a great way to create a space where you and your guests can relax and socialize. They can be made from a variety of materials, including concrete, stone, and wood.
- Pool automation: Pool automation can make your pool easier and more convenient to maintain. You can automate a variety of tasks, including filtration, heating, and cleaning.
- Fire features: Fire features can add a touch of luxury and sophistication to your pool area. They can be built into the pool deck or placed on a nearby patio. Fire features are also a great way to extend the pool season into the fall and winter months.
- Water slides: Water slides are a fun and exciting addition to any pool, especially for families with young children. They can be built in a variety of different shapes and sizes to fit your pool and budget.
- Diving boards: Diving boards are another great option for families with young children. They provide a safe and controlled way for swimmers to dive into the pool.
- Grottoes and caves: Grottoes and caves can add a touch of mystery and intrigue to your pool area. They can be built into the side of your pool or even under the water. Grottoes and caves are also a great way to create a private space where you can relax and escape the sun.
If you’re considering adding custom features to your pool during resurfacing, be sure to work with a qualified pool contractor. They can help you choose the right features for your pool and budget, and ensure that they are installed properly.
Here are a few tips for adding custom features to your pool during resurfacing:
- Plan ahead: Before you start the resurfacing process, take some time to plan out the custom features that you want to add. This will help you to ensure that the features are installed correctly and that they complement the overall design of your pool.
- Work with a qualified contractor: As mentioned above, be sure to work with a qualified pool contractor when adding custom features to your pool. A good contractor will be able to help you choose the right features for your pool and budget, and ensure that they are installed properly.
- Get everything in writing: Before you start the resurfacing process, be sure to get everything in writing from your contractor. This includes the scope of work, the timeline for the project, and the cost of the project. This will help to protect you in case there are any problems with the project.
Adding custom features to your pool during resurfacing is a great way to turn your pool into a truly unique and inviting space. By following the tips above, you can ensure that the process goes smoothly and that you end up with a pool that you love.
Here are a few additional things to keep in mind when adding custom features to your pool during resurfacing:
- The cost of adding custom features will vary depending on the type of features you choose and the complexity of the installation. Be sure to get estimates from multiple contractors before you start the project.
- Some custom features may require additional permits from your local government. Be sure to check with your local building department before you start the project.
- Adding custom features to your pool may extend the timeline for the resurfacing process. Be sure to factor this in when planning your project.
Despite the additional cost and time involved, adding custom features to your pool during resurfacing is a great way to create a truly unique and inviting space that you and your guests will enjoy for years to come.